Remember When August 14th 2008

This is another one I found
Thursday, August 14, 2008 I Remember When.... I lay in bed tonight not being able to sleep. For some reason I am thinking of all the things I remember throughout my life so far and thought that I should write them down... They aren't necesarily in order but it's what I remember.
I Remember When... I remember when... I was around 6 years old I had to go to the bathroom and I was in my swimsuit so I just sat on the curb and peed in the gutter. My friends brother rode past on his bike saying "I saw that". LOL
I remember when.... I was mean to the next door neighbor because she was so mean to me. ( I won't say what I did, just know it was pretty bad) Sorry!
I remember when... These same kids kept taking my sunglasses away from me so I went crying to my dad. He told me to tell them " If you do it again my dads going to kick your butt to the moon." I really thought he could.
I remember when... I cracked my head open when I fell off a trailer and then I ran into a tree because I couldn't see where I was going with all the blood running down my face.
I remember when... I saw a little boy playing in his dads truck and put it into gear, as it rolled back he fell out and went under the tire and got run over. My friend and I called the police.
I remember when... On the first day of kindergarten I got the flu and couldn't go to school so I didn't get my box of crayons. I was so sad.
I remember when... The people upstairs in our apartment was supposed to be babysitting us, left us alone because they "FORGOT" that we were there. Yeah Right.
I remember when... I went boating with my friends family and we were swimming. I couldn't swim back to the boat so my friends brother had to come rescue me.
I remember when... I went 4-wheeling on ice and it tipped over onto my leg.
I remember when... My mean Aunt was babysitting while mom was in the hopsital having a baby. I threw up all over her carpet. I told her I didn't feel very good and not make me eat the macaroni & cheese with hotdogs...YUCK!
I remember when... We were at my Aunts sitting in dads truck waiting for mom someone put the truck in gear and we rolled down a hill next to a pasture. I thought the horses were going to eat me.
I remember when... I had a birthday party and everyone was SO MEAN to me. I won't say names, they know who they are. I still wonder if they even still like me.
I remember when... I wore one of Teresas shirts, she was so mad that she pushed me down the stairs. I still love her though.
I remember when... Going to work with my dad watching him do CPR on a kid that was almost dead, when he came to he threw up all over my dad. When we went back to the "office" I saw his "missing person" poster on the wall of missing kids.
I remember when... Dad told me I needed to give my blanket to the cat because she was cold, so I did. What a LIAR! LoL (no wonder my kids love blankets)
I remember when... The day I told my "best friends" I was pregnant. They pretty much stopped talking to me. They were "TO GOOD" for me. What "best friends" they turned out to be. Same "friends" that were supposed to come to my house for a get together but they ditched me instead. I waited and waited then finally called one of their houses and the mom said that they went up to temple square. I guess I am not good enough to go with them since I got pregnant?????
I remember when... I was riding my bike at my cousins school flying through the air because I went over steps.
I remember when... I got left at my cousin Saras house. I watched as my family drove by.
I remember when... It was the 4th of July at Aunt Judys house and doing fireworks. One almost hit my Uncle... going to school the next day I had to write a book about something and I wrote how he had almost got hit by a firework and could have died. When I got home from school, my parents had told me he had got killed. I couldn't believe it. He was such a good person. I still have that "book".
I remember when... I went to visit grandma because she had been sick and a couple days later she had passed away... I sure do miss her.
I remember when... Going to visit grandma and grandpa, her telling dad that she "will give us a sandwich if she wants to and he can't stop her"
I remember when... We would go visit grandpa he would be sitting at the kitchen table with his bowl full of cucumbers and vinegar. YUM
I remember when... Grandpa would come over and play his guitar and sing to us. I miss him so bad, it doesn't feel like 4 1/2 years. I wish we could have been "closer" than we were. Also that I wouldn't have waited until the last day of his life to visit him in the hospital. I should have visited him way more often. I miss his singing!
I remember when... I had just got my lisence, going to my friends house, getting a flat tire and crying because I thought my dad was going to kill me, but instead he just said "It's just a flat tire"
I remember when... Dakota got his head stuck in the rail to the stairs because his head is so BIG! I thought I was going to have to call the fire department. I just pushed him the rest of the way through. Luckily he is skin and bones. LoL
I remember when... Samantha was turning blue because she was choking on a marble or a bead, being so scared. Not remembering the heimlich on my own child even though I have been trained.
I remember when... I was pregnant Dakota got behind the wheel of the van, even though it wasn't running or the keys weren't in it, him being able to put it in neutral, me chasing it as it rolled down my inlaws driveway.
I remember when... I was having a really bad day and my dad being able to talk to me making things all better.

No comments: