Appendicitis?

SERIOUSLY?
A couple weeks ago Chad started to feel sick but we thought at first that it was the bug that everyone has been giving to each other. Except his would NOT go away! Plus with all the stuff that is going on right now Chad didn't want to worry me with something else so he didn't say anything for a few days.
September 22nd Chad called me from work and said he needed to go to the Dr. cause his side was hurting really bad. I said "Well if it is still hurting in the morning we will call" Well it was hurting in the morning really bad and he felt really sick plus could hardly walk. I dropped off Chad to the Dr's while I went to my parents house to help get things done for the fundraiser. A while later he called and said "you need to come get me and take me to the hospital, they want a CT scan ASAP, and said don't go anywhere other than the hospital DON"T LEAVE!" What the heck? I thought it was just the flu. We went over to Timpanogos Hospital. He had orders to get a CT scan "STAT" but I don't think they knew what STAT meant. Finally they did the CT scan and the nurse told us to wait for the results in the waiting room where the Dr would call us there. We waited what seemed like forever. Dr called and said its appendicitis he was calling the surgeon just stay there. What seemed like forever again the surgeon came to us and went in to look at the scan. He said that he thought there might be a micro rupture but won't know for sure until they get inside. They scheduled the surgery for 4 hours because he had had some sips of water. Luckily it wasn't ruptured but almost. Good thing we went when we did or it could be tons worse. And because he didn't "pass some tests" he had to stay in an extra night. The Dr. wanted to keep him another day again but let him leave anyways. He has been out of work from it for 1 1/2 weeks with NO sick leave, Vacation, NOTHING! I swear can my month get any worse *knock on wood*. I can not handle anything else I have had enough. People say God only gives you what you can handle. Well I think they lie! I am physically, and emotionally drained. If one more thing happens I may have to skip the country or something. I pray that things start going up from here cause I could use some good in my life right now.

No comments: