Christy

Yesterday they tried to take out her breathing tube... It went horribly wrong! Her throat began to swell so she couldn't breath and they weren't prepared for that to happen cause they said it's not common and that they didn't expect that to happen so they had to run to find the stuff they needed and she started to turn purple and was looking at my sister, who was in there at the time, with a look on her face that said "HELP" I so wanted to be there when they did it so I could her her say "hi" or whatever but now I am thankful I didn't because I would have totally lost it. They had to put the breathing tube back in and wont be able to try again for a few days! I hope this is one thing she DOESN'T remember!
Me and my sister Andrea stayed with her through the night and while there she kinda acted as though her feet were bugging her so we started to rub them and she totally relaxed them. When we would stop she would lift her foot up in the air as if she was saying "keep doing it"
She has these like blood pressure cuffs on her legs to help the blood go to her head so we think that they kept going numb.
Later that night she was semi awake and she started moving her legs around again like they were bugging her so I asked her if she wanted us to rub her feet and she shook her head yes. We did that for a while then I asked if she wanted us to stop and she shook her head NO. I then asked if it felt good and she made a movement with her eyes in a way that it was like she was saying "Awww that feels so good" It was awesome!
I was holding her hand with my hands and I had a itch on my jaw so I moved my shoulder up to itch it and we looked over at Christy and she was moving her shoulder up and down so I repeated what I did and she did it again. I said "you think your funny huh?" and she did it again but more and faster!
My favorite thing about being there, like there is much to like, but seeing her react the way she does whether she is following commands or answering questions with either a nod or a squeeze of the hand. It is cool to see that she does these things even with this kind of trauma.
I saw her stitches in the back of her head, we have seen the front 2, and it was TONS worse than I thought. It was in the middle of her head and went down all the way to her neck. Crazy! I hate seeing her have to cough and her head keeps hitting the bed. I am so glad that she is on morphine so she can't feel the pain. The nurse scrubbed her head clean and I just wanted to cry to think how much it would hurt. This is another thing I hope she DON'T remember!
I love you my sister Christy so much! I pray everyday that you recover well and quickly. I wish we could just fast forward 2+ weeks. Thanks for being the Awesome sister that you are!
LOVE YOU!

No comments: