Breathing Tube Removed!

Today Christy got to try to have her breathing tube removed again. This time it WORKED! That last time was way scary. I got to the hospital at 7 am so I could give Dustin a rest. The nurse came in and said that they were going to try it so Dustin stayed. Did I mention that Christy was WIDE AWAKE! I took a video of her that you will have to look at my facebook to see but it was AWESOME.
After it was removed she tried and tried to talk to us but since she had a tube down her throat for the last 8 days it wasn't working out very well so she began to use her hands. We tried to figure it out. I am surprised that most of it we got. The rest we are anxiously waiting to see if she remembers what she was going to tell us and what it was.
Out of one thing that she was telling us it seems to be that she saw my brother Aaron during her surgery praying, crying and running to my brother Jared to let him know what was going on. She didn't even know he was bow hunting or the stuff that had happened. We know that she was there watching over him. He was VERY upset. He cried more than I have ever seen him cry and we just cried with him. They both drove home from Monticello to be with us. I am so thankful that it was the decision they made.
My brother Daniel and his wife Janette drove from Cedar City to be with us as well. I am glad they all got there safe. (Jared did get a speeding ticket)
Another thing she was trying to say was something about "1 Army" we still don't know what this means but we have our guesses but that is what they are.. Guesses.
She did end up writing a lot down and that is how we figured most of it out but it was REALLY hard for her to do. She is so weak still and/or it is from the part of the brain matter they had to remove. She also is having a hard time with her left side, hopefully she will get all her use back after her therapy, which they are thinking she will be in by the end of the week :).
It feels like a long time since her accident but the days have thankfully gone by fast! But with the injuries she had we are amazed at the progress she has done. They are hoping tomorrow they can take out the tube that is in her head to check her pressure in her brain and if they can the nurse said we may be able to wheel her out to the waiting room so she can see Ryker. It was his 1st Birthday yesterday and he was starting to walk more than he ever has. He sure does LOVE my Dad and my Dad adores him (saying a lot about my dad). I hope that they can continue their bond that only they have.
Can't wait for what tomorrow brings! I love you my sister, one of my 5 BFF's!

No comments: