Don't even know what to call it!

This past week has been one crazy week! Actually the whole month for me is one I don't ever want to re-live. I have been physically, mentally and emotionally drained of all the things that has been happening....
Last month we had a gas leak in our front yard that we would never had known about if it wasn't for Questar's routine checks. We got evacuated from the house for 8+ hours, plus the neighbors on each side of me. They fixed the leak which happened to be caused by the sub contractor "forgot" to put in a "o-ring" in the pipe. Come to find out this leak has been leaking for as long as we have been living here which is almost 2 years. I am beyond shocked that NOTHING serious happened. We lit off fireworks in our yard, we planted a tree right next to the spot that was leaking 2 months prior and were using a Pick Axe to break up the ground, hitting rocks, making sparks in the process. How nothing happened I will never know.
JULY 29th 2010
My grass and my brand new tree continued to die, beyond die, my grass was "balding" in spots. So I called Questar again because I was nervous that it may still be leaking. They came out and we got evacuated AGAIN! This time it was because there were "gas pockets" left trying to escape still. They will eventually replace my tree and grass. Hopefully it won't take too long because I HATE how my front yard looks now.
This is not the only thing that happened this day, UNFORTUNATELY. Right before being able to come back into my home I hear sirens. I thought they were farther away than they really were. They were at the house right behind me. My neighbor called 911 because her 11 yr old daughter "passed out" and had blood coming out of her nose, ears and mouth. They rushed her by ambulance with lights and sirens while doing chest compressions on her. She didn't make it to the hospital. I can't even describe my feelings of pain, sorrow, and love for my neighbors. I went over there with her mom after the ambulance left. I can't even imagine how the mother was feeling. She was crying uncontrollably and then she got a phone call back from her husband. Now she has to re-live it again to tell him what is happening. By this time they did not know that she had passed.
I feel truly blessed that I was able to tuck my kids in that night and give them a kiss. I didn't know this girl that well and I regret it very much and it reminds me that I may know a LOT of my neighbors but I need to do a better job of getting to know them. A lot of my neighbors around here say that I know everyone, but I don't know them like I would like to. I definitely i am going to do a better job of getting to know everyone because I don't ever want this feeling EVER again!
Unfortunately that is not the last thing that happened... Earlier in the morning I remember seeing the Animal control Officer and an Ambulance but neither of them had lights nor sirens on so I didn't think anything of it. Come to find out when we were all over with the little girl that a family in our ward went in to wake their mom up and found her not breathing. She was put on life support but only lived a couple days. Her funeral is this Friday that I am planning on attending. I feel so sad for the family. She was a "young" mother at 50, too young to die in my opinion.
So like I said I am full of emotions this past little while and I pray every day that things will turn around for our neighborhood. I know I for one could use some good things to happen. We have had a lot of babies born though, but with our ward if we go without a birth in a week it is shocking. LOL
I am thankful for my family, my home, and all that I have. It may not be much but I have what I love the Most and that is FAMILY!

No comments: