Introducing Peyton!

My sister, Andrea had her baby early this morning.  She called me around 11:30 and said that her water had broke.  So I hurried and dressed and got to the hospital.  Andrea decided that she wanted the epidural but had just found out on Monday that she has a blood clotting disorder and if she was to get the epidural it could paralyze her.  The Anesthesiologist said she was very Lucky with her last 2 babies.  So she went Natural. The Epidural probably wouldn't have worked though if she could have got it because Peyton came so fast.  I took her girls out in the hall and we could hear blood curling screaming from her room.  I kinda had to laugh (I know, mean) but it was pretty funny.  It's a good thing I decided to take Sleeping Sage out of the room because Andrea's screams would have scared her to death.  I talked to Kaylyn about it and she said she was ok.  I think she was but she was nervous.  This was a weird situation for a 9 yr old.
At 1:36 am Peyton was born at 7 lbs. 3 oz and 19 inches.  She is absolutely Beautiful and I feel very lucky that I got to be there even if it was out in the hall.  It is always an amazing experience when one minute your looking at someone big and pregnant and the next you are looking at this Beautiful Angel in your arms.  Peyton was having a little bit of breathing problems so they had to take her to the nursery, I think to get suctioned.  She wasn't in there for too long and then we finally got to meet her.  This is niece/nephew number 22 and another one (boy) due in just a few months.  Babies are so amazing and special!  Love them.
Welcome to the Family Peyton.  We sure do LOVE you so much already!

Here she is......












No comments: